Freedom from Hurts, habits and hang-ups
Celebrate Recovery is a ministry for anyone who is
interested in a Christ-centered recovery program that will enable them to
recover from life's hurts, habits, and hang-ups.
In physical healing, recovery refers to the process of
moving from illness to wellness. Our hurts, habits and hang-ups are like
an illness and, using the tools of Celebrate Recovery, we begin to move toward
wholeness. Some might say "from
bondage to freedom in Christ." Others might say "from
self-reliance to faith in Christ."
If you are not sure if Celebrate Recovery is for you, ask
yourself the following questions:
- Do you have trouble setting limits with yourself?
- Do you sacrifice your identity, desires or needs to make
others feel good about themselves or to keep the peace?
- Do you struggle feeling safe when you aren't in control?
- Do you raise your voice to get your way?
- Do you act kind on the outside but feel bitter on the
- Do you use food, sex, pornography, alcohol,
relationships, drugs to cope with life problems?
- Do you struggle with body image?
- Do you love someone struggling with destructive behaviors
such as drugs and alcohol?
- Do you have a lot of self doubt?
- Are you scared to be alone?
- Do you become impatient easily and get annoyed
- Do you blame others for your
- Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you
didn't drink or use drugs?
If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions don't
worry or give up hope. There's a way out through Christ's healing power.
The leaders of Celebrate Recovery are men and women who
have gone through similar hurts, habits and hang-ups, and have experienced
Christ's healing power through the 12 steps and 8 recovery principles.
They have also been through the CR participant guides and have completed the CR
The leaders are not counselors and do not offer any
professional advice. If professional advice is required, referrals may be
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.